Duckhorn Portfolio Wine Blog
Posts written by Neil Bernardi, Vice President of Winemaking and many special guest bloggers. This collection of insights on winemaking, farming, entertaining and more is a great way to learn about the excitement of winery life and tips for enjoying the wines we produce.
Add a special touch to your wine gift this year, consider wrapping the bottle! Whether you are gifting to the wine lovers on your list or a dinner host, taking the time to wrap the wine bottle is guaranteed to put a smile on their face.
- Favorite Duckhorn Portfolio wine bottle
- Wrapping paper or 12’ by 12’ craft paper for the occasion
- Pair of scissors
- Double sided tape
- An assortment of ribbon/bows and festive accessories
- Lay your Duckhorn Portfolio wine bottle on the center of your wrapping paper with about 1 ½ inches below the bottom of the wine bottle.
- Roll the wrapping paper around the bottle and secure with a piece of double sided tape. Fold the remaining paper under the bottom of the bottle and secure with tape.
Pro Tip: Make sure to tape on the glass so you don't ruin the label!
- Tie the bottle at the neck with your favorite ribbon.
- Add a special touch by placing an accessory over the ribbon, like a festive flower or ornament.
Sometimes a standard gift bag just doesn't cut it. If you're feeling creative and want to go the extra mile when styling your wine gift, here's a fun option for the crafty at heart.
Make a Bedazzled Wine Bottle:
- With a foam brush, cover your bottle of Goldeneye Sparkling Wine with craft glue. Be extra careful around the label.
- Next, using extra fine glitter in your favorite color, sprinkle gently over the glue.
- Let the first layer dry for about an hour, then repeat until you're pleased with the coverage.
- To seal the glitter, add a layer of watered down craft glue and set aside to fully dry.
- Enjoy your beautiful bottle!
Whether this lovely bottle is a gift for someone special or something just for you, it's guaranteed to be a hit both before and after you open it.