Mashed Potatoes with Garlicky Kale
* 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
* sea salt
* 1/2 stick butter, melted
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 bunch kale, chop leaves, discard stems
* 3/4 cup warm milk or cream
* freshly ground black pepper
* 5 green onions, chopped
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano, for garnish (opt)
Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and continue boiling for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chopped kale, a big pinch of salt, and sauté just until tender - about a minute. Set aside.
Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork. Slowly stir in the milk, melted butter until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss the kale into the potatoes.
Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with chopped green onions and Parmigiano cheese.