Fig and Cranberry Chutney
Yield: 2 cups
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup Duckhorn Red Wine
- 1 cup dried figs - halved and quartered
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp peeled ginger - chopped
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 large pear - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds - toasted
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup Duckhorn red wine to boil add dried figs and raisins, turn off heat and let sit while preparing the remaining ingredients - about 15 minutes. Drain figs and raisins and set aside.
- Pour wine back into saucepan and add ½ cup sugar and 2 tablespoons vinegar, stir over medium low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and simmer until wine thickens - about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add orange juice, orange zest and ginger - simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and cook until they pop - 5 minutes more.
- Stir in figs, raisins, pear and almonds - cook 3-5 more minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and taste, adjust seasoning if necessary. If you prefer it a bit sweeter add 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Pour into a glass bowl and set aside to cool then chill.
Serve with cheese and crackers or on your holiday table.
Tip: Should be served with Stuffed Chicken Wrapped with Bacon
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.