Rosemary Grilled Lamb, Grilled Zucchini, Herbed White Beans, Grilled Lemon
Yield: 4 servings for dinner
Prep: 1 hour and 15 minutes (30 minutes marinating) | Cook: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
Lamb chops and a bottle of merlot; there’s not much else needed for the perfect impromptu al fresco dinner. Herbaceous and rich lamb with a pop of smoky acidity from the grilled lemons is meant for a glass of Duckhorn Vineyards Three Palms Merlot. A dish designed to be shared family style.
- 4 bone-in lamb shoulder chops
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped rosemary (4-6 sprigs)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Cracked pepper
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), divided
- 4 small to medium zucchini
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 15 oz cooked cannellini beans in their broth
- 2 tbsp fresh marjoram or oregano leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for finishing
- Preheat the grill to medium high and make sure the grates are seasoned and cleaned.
- In a gallon ziploc or large mixing bowl, mix the minced garlic, chopped rosemary, two tablespoons of EVOO, a pinch of salt and a few cracks of fresh pepper. Add in the lamb shoulder chops and toss well to evenly coat. Set the dressed lamb aside at room temperature for thirty minutes.
- Slice the zucchini down the middle, lengthwise, and add to a mixing bowl with the halved lemons. Toss with the remaining olive oil and season with salt. Set aside.
- Warm the beans gently in their broth with half of the marjoram leaves. Bring the marinated lamb to the grill and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until medium rare. Remove the cooked lamb and transfer to a tray to rest.
- While the lamb is resting, grill the zucchini and the lemon. Cook the zucchini on both sides until tender while the lemon heavily caramelizes on the cut side.
- Spoon the beans onto a large serving platter and follow with the grilled meats and zucchini. Finish the entire platter with a drizzle of EVOO and a squeeze of one of the lemon halves. Sprinkle with the remaining marjoram and enjoy immediately.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.