Summer Peach BBQ Sauce
Yield: 4 cups
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 lbs Peaches, skins removed
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup Duckhorn White Wine
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Ginger ‐ fresh, peeled, grated
- 2 tbsp chili powder, sweet and smokey
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Peel the peaches and scoop out the flesh.
- Sweat the onion and garlic with the canola oil until soft.
- Add the Duckhorn White Wine and reduce until dry, about five minutes.
- Add Tomato Paste and cook for 1‐2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients to saucepot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and reduce while stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool completely over an ice bath.
- Place ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Use as sauce or glaze to Pork, Chicken, Duck.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.