Peach and Sauvignon Blanc Gelee with Garden Herbs
Yield: 12-15 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 8 oz Peach Juice
- 4 oz Duckhorn Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ pkg (approx 1 ¼ tsp) Powdered Gelatin
- 1 each Ripe Peach
- ¼ tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Lemon Verbena Syrup (recipe below)
- 4 oz Sugar
- 4 oz Water
- 4 each Lemon Verbena Leaves (sub lemon thyme, rosemary, mint)
- Combine the peach juice, wine, and lemon juice together in a large bowl. In a small pot bring 6 oz of the mixture just up to a simmer.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the remaining cold mixture in the large bowl. Let it stand 1 minute.
- Add the hot mixture to the cold in the bowl stirring until the gelatin completely dissolves.
- Strain through a fine sieve and/or cheesecloth into a shallow pan to a depth of ½ inch. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 1-2 hours.
- Cut the peach into small dice.
- In a small bowl toss the peach dice with the lemon juice and the lemon verbena syrup. Keep chilled.
- In a small sauce pot combine all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool and the flavors to infuse. Refrigerate.
With a fork rake the peach gelee in different directions creating small jewels. Place a small mound of the peach gelee on a dessert spoon. Top the gelee with a small amount of the herbed peach garnish. Serve.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.
Pairing Recommendations - SB