Slow Braised Brisket Sliders with Farmer’s Market Pickles
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 6-8 hours
Total Time: 6-8 hours and 10 minutes
- (3 ½ - 4 lbs) Brisket
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups Beef broth (you can replace 1 cup broth with red wine or beer)
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- ½ cup White vinegar
- ½ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Pickling spice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Mini or pickling cucumbers - sliced
- 1 Medium red or other sweet onion - sliced thinly
- Combine vinegars, sugar, salt and pickling spice in sauce pan and heat on medium for 2-3 minutes until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Place cucumbers and onion in a jar and add warm vinegar mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight. Serve with brisket sliders.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl and rub all over meat.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the brisket and brown on both sides 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a 6-8 quart slow cooker. Add broth to the pan along with any remaining spice mixture. Increase heat to high and scrape bits from pan.
- Cover and cook simmering 6-8 hours until meat pulls apart easily.
Top each slider bun with about ¾ cup of brisket, add drained pickles and a dollop of garlic mayonnaise if desired.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.